What is an 'Independent' Funeral Director?
An independent Funeral Director is one which is privately owned and does not belong to a large corporation such as the Co-op, Dignity or Funeral Partner Group.
Why should I consider using A & A Walters, an Independent, family owned Funeral Director?
How many large businesses do you know where the staff greet you with a smile and personal welcome, remember your name and go out of their way to give you excellent service? It's only natural that national chains struggle to cater for individual needs - afterall, they are ultimately driven by spreadsheets and shareholders. The same can be true of Funeral Directors. An established Independent Funeral Director such as our is managed and run by the people that own it and so they have a very personal interest in ensuring their customers are happy with the level of service and care they receive. A & A Walters has been 'our family' for five generations - as the current custodians we have 158 years of tradition and history to uphold, whilst ensuring that we remain relevant for the future. It is for this reason that we are passionate about our role and why 'your family' remains at the centre of everything that we do.
How many local Funeral Directors are Independent?
A number of local funeral directors still trade under an established family name but are in fact part of national organisations. Clearly these large organisations recognise the reassurance and added benefits that a trusted family name can bring to the bereaved.
Co-operative Funeral Directors
- Halliwell Funeral Services (Coseley)
- Hartland & Son (Sedgley)
- Thomas Ely & Sons (Willenhall)
Dignity Funeral Directors
- F.W. Collins & Son (Bilston)
- R Morgan Funeral Directors (Gornal)
- George Webb Funeral Directors (West Bromwich)
- G. Gibbs Funeral Directors (West Bromwich)
- Jennings Funeral Directors (Sedgley, Bilston, Wolverhampton, Wednesfield, Willenhall, Wombourne, Codsall, Oxley.)
- Burgess & Harper Funeral Directors (Penn)
- Roy Quinton Funeral Directors (Walsall, Tettenhall Wood & Bushbury)